Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

13 August, 2017

Eclipse Excitement at My Favorite Farm Stand

OK...I know you are wondering what the heck a farm stand has to do with the upcoming solar eclipse so I will tell you! Over the weekend, I visited the wonderful produce stand of Osage Farms in Rabun Gap, Georgia. Just look at the beautiful fruit and vegetables! Much of it comes from the field that you can see through the window in the middle shot. Talk about fresh!! My friend calls this the big produce stand in the sky because there is none to compare. We drive an hour and a half and pass several others to get here, but it's worth it! Apparently other people think so too because it's always crowded!


But next Monday, crowds will be pouring in for a different reason. Rabun Gap and the neighboring small mountain towns in North Georgia will be in the path of the total solar eclipse! Signs are everywhere and the excitement is high! Schools and businesses will be closed for the day and the little unincorporated town is bracing for an invasion of previously unimaginable proportions. This is a once-in-a-lifetime event! I won't be there...but don't feel sorry for me. I will see an eclipse of 98.7% from my own yard! :-)

And just in case you have plans for viewing, here are a few links you will want to check out. But most importantly, follow the directions of professionals when it comes to safe viewing to protect your eyesight!
  • For an animated total solar eclipse map, click HERE.
  • Enter your zip code for an animated view of how the eclipse will look in your area HERE or HERE.
  • For a list of more websites packed with information about the solar eclipse from the American Astronomical Society, click HERE.
And if you are not in the path of the eclipse, there's always television coverage! Happy and safe eclipse watching!

Thanks for stopping by! Please visit these wonderful bloggers and their beautiful blogs to see what they are up to and to find a list of this week’s participants. 
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday , Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday , The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday , Coastal Charm for the Show and Share Party , A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday , My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Inspire Me Monday, Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays , The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home on Thursdays,   French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday , Craftberry Bush for the Inspiration Gallery on Friday, Tatertots & Jello for the Link Party Palooza on Fridays
See you next time! À la prochaine!

Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email
Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered Delivered by FeedBurner
Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. So much talk going on about the eclipse. We're going to miss it in Texas, but can't travel now due to back problems. Hope it turns out great for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like you and staying home to see the eclipse. I have my glasses all ready. I was up in the mountains this weekend and all the signs announcing gatherings was fun to see. Not going to fight traffic when I can stay home and see enough. I'll have to visit that farm stand next time I head north!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be in N. Georgia next month so I will have to check out this farm stand...Happy Eclipse watching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your connection of the eclipse to a fruit stand!! Too funny!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie